set amongst mountains, creeks, bucolic fields, early American farmhouses and historic sites, our bright, serene barn and portion of the 1800 farmhouse (farmhouse suite) are idyllic, central locales for your next trip to the hudson river valley. the barn & home were meticulously salvaged, re-designed and crafted by the property owner.
the barn: a space often rented for photo shoots, this serene space was designed to be as open as possible to the surrounding valley, fields and meadows. not a single nook or cranny was built without thoughtful use of it's space. To check on availability, and if you prefer to book through Airbnb, click here.
1800 farmhouse suite (coming soon!): nearly 1000 sq ft or an early American farmhouse, redesigned using many of the original barn and wood, complete with a living room, dining room, full kitchen, full bath, bedroom & tv lounge.
property: 3.6 acres in total – not large, but ensconced in a pristine river valley (the Roeliff-Jansen Kille) makeing it feel larger than it is. the property across the road from us is permanently conserved in agricultural and forest easements. we have a trail skirting the circumference of our property, which you are free to walk on. the "roe-jan" is a stocked class 2 trout stream.
• barn: 5 guests maximum. base rate covers 2 guests. additional guests incur an additional charge of 50$/night/per guest.
• farmhouse suite: 2 guests maximum.
• quiet, well-behaved dogs are – with pre-approval – allowed in the barn. Please keep them leashed: the road in front of our home can have speeding vehicles. please see the house rules for more guidance on dogs.
• we are zoned as a b&b, but not offering breakfast at this time. each unit has a full-kitchen.
• please note the proximity of the structures in the photos. the property owners live in the farmhouse full-time and are available to offer additional amenities beyond those listed below, including immediate addressal of any thing that might need fixing.
• guests in either rental and the homeowners will see and hear each other very little, if at all, as each rental is oriented away from each other. even in the farmhouse, there are two sets of walls separating the suite from homeowners.
• for the barn, please study the space and sleeping arrangements carefully. the upstairs and downstairs bedroom each have queen beds; the living room has a daybed and pull out couch (both queen size). the daybed is a favorite choice of many for sleeping by the fire. in the barn loft is another queen size mat that is a great place to hang out, nap, or play with the vintage fisher price toys.
• the barn has a private washer & dryer.
• guests in the farmhouse suite can access a washer/dryer upon request.
• please read and acknowledge agreement with the house rules before booking.
We love meeting our guests. Despite house rules that are strict, we make up for that by being available for additional needs (and being super cool ;-) and providing immediate services whenever possible!
- Air Conditioning
- BBQ/Picnic area
- Free Internet
- Free Parking
- Game Room
- Hair Dryer
- Indoor Fireplace
- Ironing Board
- Late Arrival
- Non Smoking
- Outdoor furniture
- Room With A View