1. For dogs (considered only for the barn) there is a 20$ fee per night, per dog (up to two maximum). Please let us know about any dogs you want to bring along before booking, assuring us they are well-behaved, relatively quiet, and won't scratch furniture, floors or curtains - thank you! If dogs do shed, please keep them off beds and put blankets over furniture (we can provide). Dirty paws are common too - please keep them clean. Guests must also clean up #2s from their dogs in the mowed grass areas.
2. Check in time is anytime after 4pm. Check out time is up until 11am. (Please strictly adhere unless otherwise prearranged).
3. The maximum number of guests is limited to the number of persons agreed upon during the reservation.
3a: The farmhouse can accommodate only two guests. We reserve the right to cancel any reservation without refund if more guests arrive than have been reserved.
3b: The barn can accommodate 5 maximum, where the base price is for 2 guests. For each guests above 2, the rate is $50/night/per person. We must be notified and pre-approve any plan to bring more guests than have been reserved and your invoice needs to be amended and paid, prior to arrival. We reserve the right to cancel any reservation without refund if more guests arrive than have been reserved.
4. Please count children two and over among the total number of guests for invoice calculating
5. Photo, film shoots, or any commercial activity are not permitted unless pre-approved. Rates start at $500 on top of overnight guest rates.
6. We sometimes charge a fee for events or visiting non-overnight guests depending on the nature and size of the event. Any plan to have non-paying guests visit needs to be approved by us prior to booking. An additional security deposit may also be required. The total number people that can be considered on our property at one time is limited and must be discussed with us ahead of time.
7. Parking spaces are limited. Five total spaces can be made available.
8. Please be respectful of neighbors and the owners concerning noise. No loud noise outside before 8am or after 9pm. Amplified music should not be audible outside the barn or farmhouse quarters. Please be aware that the family of the business owners live on the premises and also sometimes other guests are in the barn or farmhouse suite.
9. Heavy drinking, partying or any drug use is unequivocally not allowed. The property is a family property and as such, the expectation is that guests will respect the space and the environment around them.
10. Please keep things that may stain (red wine, massage oils, etc.) away from duvet covers, fine linens on daybed and reading nook, and white upholstered furniture.
11. If you wear foundation make-up, they leave permanent stains. Removing wipes are provided in the bathrooms to remove before showering or sleeping. Thank you!
12. If you decide to sleep on the day-bed or the pull-out couch, please use sheets (located in the upstairs bedroom shelves)
13. NO hot pans or pots on the copper countertops. They can cause the adhesive underneath the copper to fail.
14. No cooking food (e.g. marshmallows, hot dogs) of any sort in the indoor fireplace.
15. If rain is forecast or coming down, please close west facing windows (toward the neighbor's pond).
16. Due to burn bans and occasional dry weather, please check with us before use of outdoor fire pits.
17. Smoking is allowed outside only. Butts must be disposed of in the aluminum pots provided by the main entrance.
18. Please clean dishes before leaving and leave used beds unmade so we know which beds have been used. Also, please place trash & recycling in bins between the two garage doors. Recycling does not need to be sorted. Plastic bags go in garbage.
19. NEVER remove logs that have been burning in the fireplace, or put water in the fireplace to extinguish a fire. Let all remaining logs burn out with the door properly closed. If checking out and a fire is still burning, please let us know.
20. You may want to purchase travel insurance as we follow a strict cancellation policy.
21. Please provide your verified full name in your profile or be willing to provide it to us directly. Please also be willing to share the full names of all other guests.
22. We, the property owners, do not assume any liability for loss, damage or injury to persons or their personal property. Noncompliance with policies may result in a in full forfeiture of payment and deposit and being asked to leave the premises.
23. Do not put anything in the toilets or drains other than the normal stuff. (No wipes, diapers, or clothes, yes, that’s happened :-() The downstairs toilet uses a macerator & pump to get waste to the septic system and non normal stuff jams the macerator and pump. It will result in an emergency plumbing fee.
24. No drones or firearms.
OTHER ITEMS TO NOTE• We encourage cooking steaks, hamburgers, meats, anything you think might be smoky to be cooked outdoors on the grill (you may need to pick up charcoal). Smoke detectors in the barn and house often go off with smoky cooking ...we need a hood!
• We ready the beds in each rental. Daybeds and fold-out couches are left unmade but with sheets and bedding provided, which need to be put on for night-time use if you plan to use them.
• We are officially in the town of Gallatin, though our mailing address states Red Hook. We are 14 minutes to the village of Red Hook and 7 minutes to Pine Plains.
• If the power goes out in the barn (even for a second), the hot water heater will need to be turned back on. it is located behind the curtain at the bottom of the stairs. the on/off button is on the front lower right hand corner.
• If needed, additional soap and toiletries can be found in the utility room closet.
• We are in the country and by a meadow. Sensitivity (allergies and asthma) to pollen or bees should be taken into consideration. Let us know of any bee nests that are bothersome and we will remove. Tick checks are encouraged as well!
• The water is here is of excellent quality. We encourage drinking it! (No need to buy bottled water!)